Tuesday, December 20, 2011
Twelve days of Arizona Christmas (aphorisms):
1) True happiness is shared.
2) We must cultivate our gardens for the benefit of mankind and the fulfillment of the self.
3) The earth belongs to no one; and it's fruit, to all.
4) If it's not right, don't do it; if it's not true, don't say it.
5) Act of conviction, not condition. Learn not to bend before adversity.
6) Find a job that you like, and you will never have to work.
7) Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication.
8) The love of beauty is Taste; the creation of beauty is Art.
9) Humility, like darkness, reveals the heavenly lights.
10) Time discriminates right from wrong.
11) Take away the adjectives and you are left with the facts.
12) Two things fill the mind with endless awe and wonder: the starry heavens above and the moral law within.